What’s right for you?
How Botox works
- Smoothes appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Injected into muscle – Partially paralysing it
- Restricts muscle mobility, preventing normal facial expressions which in turn reduces wrinkling when frowning or squinting, helping to prevent wrinkles deepening over time
- Commonly used on frown lines and crows feet
- Does NOT treat the surface of the skin
- No longer associated with facial freezing if used subtly
- Effects of botox slowly diminish
- Can be repeated indefinitely to maintain results
- Sessions scheduled for 3-6 month intervals depending on each patients needs
How Microneedling works
- Rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by stimulating the production of healthy new cells
- literally renews the skin giving the result of a younger looking, smoother, radiant skin
- Can be done with a dermaroller or a Microneedling device (dermapen, skin pen etc)
- Microneedling device can be highly targeted, making it easy to treat narrow or hard to reach areas such as the nose
- Tiny needles create microscopic punctures, the body works naturally to repair these invisible wounds
- Newly formed capillaries increase blood flow and newly produced collagen and elastin improve the structure and texture of the skin
- Microneedling does not significantly damage the epidermis and there is virtually no risk of infection or scarring from the procedure
- Works gradually and becomes more apparent as the skin heals
- Multiple procedures are recommended to address deep wrinkles or scarring
- Sessions spaced 4 weeks apart to give the skin time to continue to heal and form new collagen and elastin between procedures.
Both treatments are safe for all skin types apart from those with active acne. There are skin peels that I would recommend to clear the skin first in preparation for the above treatments.
So whats your verdict, would you choose Botox, or Microneedling, or would a combination of both suit you to enable you to change the surface of your skin, and also work in the muscles at the same time.
Microneedling is available as part of my Million Dollar Facial – A ten step facial to give you the smooth glowing skin you desire!
If Botox floats your boat, I have a Dr or a nurse that I can recommend for you.
Feel free to contact me if I can help answer any questions.
Love Gem x